Anticipated Vacancies / Hiring Pool
The St. Thomas Police Service is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator / Technical Support person to work in a team environment with our current IT personnel. You will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, which requires a high level of expertise in the support of a medium-scale multi-server, Windows Server 2019 Core/GUI and Linux environment. Principal responsibilities will include maintenance and administration of day-to-day helpdesk operations, Police specific applications, and software/hardware deployments and configurations in a high availability environment. Solid communications skills and an understanding of operational practices are required to ensure systems remain consistent and supportable. The candidate will also need
- Security clearance check
- Experience supporting Servers, mobile computers, laptops and desktops within a controlled office environment and highly distributed workforce.
- Strong enterprise-level experience in the administration and implementation of Windows and Linux Servers in a medium scale secure environment.
- Expertise in backup and recovery methods in a virtual environment.
- Experience with HTML, Python, PHP and website design.
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2019 running core/Gui servers and multisite AD.
- Strong understanding of Ubuntu Linux LTS
- Strong understanding of Windows Terminal Services
- Familiarity with Fortinet products specifically Fort iOS, Forticlient, Fortimail, FortiAnalyzer and FortiAPs.
- Strong understanding of networking infrastructure (LAN, vLANs, WAN, and VPN).
- Excellent analytical and organizational prowess with strict attention to detail.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at various levels both internally and externally and at varying levels of technical/business knowledge.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work in a fast-paced changing and high pressure environment.
- A+ Certification or experience
- Network+ Certification or experience
- Minimum 3 years working in a Microsoft Windows Active Directory Environment
Nice to Have Skills
- Technical understanding of Microsoft Certificate Services.
- Technical understanding of Token/Smart Card authentication.
- Technical understanding of PKI Infrastructure (Entrust is a plus).
- Technical understanding of Blade Servers and SANs.
- Technical understanding of Exacq video environment.
- Technical expertise with Microsoft Exchange.
- Understanding of “Card Swipe” door access systems.
- Expertise in Veeam Backup and Recovery.
- Strong understanding of Powershell.
- Experience working in a Police environment.
- Cyber Security Experience.
- Project management experience.
A cover letter and resume including references must be received by the St. Thomas Police Service by Thursday, April 22, 2021 by 4:00 p.m. either by email to email@example.com (an email reply acknowledging receipt will be sent) or by mail delivery to:
St. Thomas Police Service
Constable Colin McGregor Building
45 CASO Crossing
St. Thomas, Ontario N5R 0G7