POLICE RECORD CHECK INFORMATION
There are three types of Police Record Checks available from the St. Thomas Police Service:
- Police Criminal Record Check (PCRC)
- Police Information Check (PIC)
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
Refer to Record Check Information for more details.
Effective January 1, 2012, the process for acquiring a police record check from the St. Thomas Police is the following:
- Applicant MUST reside within the City of St. Thomas;
- Application forms are available on-line and may be printed and completed prior to attending police headquarters. Blank application forms are also available at police headquarters.
- Applicant must apply in person at the Front Desk of the St. Thomas Police headquarters located at 30 St. Catharine Street, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada
- Business office hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am - 4:00 p.m.
- Identification is required: one piece with photo (driverís license or passport is preferred) and one piece with proof of address.
- Fees: We accept cash, debit and Visa only and it must be paid at time of initial request. No refunds.
|Volunteers|| ||$10 with letter from volunteer agency|
| || ||$30 without letter|
- Process usually takes approximately one week to complete unless the applicant has lived outside the City of St. Thomas in the past 5 years which may result in a longer processing time. Processing will take longer if fingerprints are required to confirm identity (completed by RCMP) which can take 120 days or longer.
- Upon completion, record checks will be mailed directly to the address provided by the applicant on the initial request form.
- Every page of a completed record check will be embossed with the St. Thomas Police Service seal in the bottom right hand corner.