Break and enter
On Thursday November 25, 2010 St Thomas Police attended a Metcalfe Street residence, regarding a break and enter. Police report sometime between 9:30AM and 5:00PM culprit(s) entered the premises through an unlocked door. Jewellery and money were reported stolen from the residence. Police are reminding citizens to lock all doors on an unattended residence. Anyone with information is asked to contact the St Thomas Police Service at 519-631-1364 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Shortly after 9:00AM Thursday November 25, 2010 St Thomas Police received two separate telephone calls from female secondary students. Both girls advised, while walking to school in the North end of the city, an adult male driving a white pickup truck stopped beside their locations. The driver asked them to walk over to his truck. Both girls declined the request. The driver then drove away. A short time later, St Thomas Police located the truck and driver on Talbot Street. The driver was very uncooperative with police. Police are not sure of the driver’s motive, but based on what occurred, a criminal offence was not committed. Police are asking parents to remind their children of STRANGER DANGER.
The following tips will help keep children safer:
• Never talk to a stranger.
• Never let a stranger get too close, whether he or she is in a car or walking.
• Never accept candy, a present, a ride, or anything else from a stranger.
• Never go with a stranger to find a lost puppy.
• Never keep secrets from your parents about strangers.
• Always try to walk with a friend or a known grown-up.
• Always stick to the same safe route in traveling to and from school or a friend’s house.
. Always contact the police regarding suspicious people or activity
On Thursday November 25, 2010 St Thomas Police arrested a 44 year old male, for the London Police Service. The male was wanted for breaching the terms of his Recognizance release order. London Police Service returned the male to their jurisdiction for court purposes.
Recent media releases: